3rd Shift Automation Technician
Sorry, this job has expired.
DHL e-Commerce is now hiring an Automation Technician to work 3rd shift.
As the Automation Technician you will be responsible for the working condition of all distribution center automated mailing equipment and the safety of its use.
• Competitive salary
• Health benefits
• Paid time off
• Holiday pay
• Short and Long-term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Technical certification or associate's degree in electrical engineering preferred.
• 4+ years of experience in a similar role in manufacturing or automated distribution facility.
• Positive and team-oriented attitude.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within automation field.
• Proficiency with computers and strong understanding of MS Excel.
• Set up tools and equipment prior to production for optimum safety levels.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and rebuild automated mailing equipment.
• Ensure inkjet, poly-bag, and label machines are in proper working condition.
• Learn and maintain proficiency on all applicable software formats.
• Support in the update manuals and programs for automated equipment.
• Work with vendors and other internal groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability and minimize equipment downtime.
• Troubleshooting Subject Matter Expert in automation machines.
• Operate machines as assigned (VSorts, APEs, Xstream sorters, Intellistars, VIPS, among others).
• Train other employees in the proper use and basic maintenance of automation machines.
• Submit reports and participate in weekly tech calls.
• Provide guidance and training to Automation Tech I employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to be flexible with schedule.
• Strong mechanical skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to walk, bend, push, reach and lift up to 50 lbs (additional weight may be required with assistance).
• Ability to sit and stand for hours at a time.
• 3rd Shift
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disability.