Automation Technician - Automated Distribution / Manufacturing
Sorry, this job has expired.
DHL E-Commerce is now hiring an Automation Technician. 1st and 2nd shifts are available.
As the Automation Technician you will ensure proper working condition of all distribution center automated mailing equipment and the safety of its use. You will be responsible for the working condition of all distribution center automated mailing equipment and the safety of its use.
• Technical Certification or Associates degree in electrical engineering preferred
• 4+ years of experience in a similar role in manufacturing or automated distribution facility
• Setup the use of tools and equipment prior to production for optimum safety levels
• Troubleshoot, maintain, repair and rebuild automated mailing equipment
• Ensure inkjet, poly-bag, and label machines are in proper working condition
• Learn and maintain proficiency on all applicable software formats
• Support in the update manuals and programs for automated equipment
• Work with vendors and other internal groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability and minimize equipment downtime
• Troubleshooting Subject Matter Expert in automation machines
• Operate machines as assigned (VSorts, APEs, Xstream sorters, Intellistars, VIPS, among others)
• Train other employees in the proper use and basic maintenance of automation machines
• Submit reports and participate in weekly Tech calls
• Provide guidance and training to Automation Tech I employees
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Detail oriented
• Ability to be flexible with schedule
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within automation field; Strong mechanical skills
• Proficiency with computers and strong understanding of MS Excel
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Positive and team oriented attitude
• Walk, bend, push, reach and lift up to 50 lbs (additional weight may be required with assistance)
• Ability to sit and stand for hours at a time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disability.